OK, Erin. A 2011 to do list for you, from you. Perhaps talking to yourself in first person should be gracing the list below:
1. Stop using emoticons. No, really. Quit it.
2. Avoid the word “got.” It can always be replaced with a better alternative.
3. Drink as much coffee as you’d like and stop feeling guilty about it. It’s delicious.
4. Make your bed daily.
5. Join a book club (can be online). Read assigned books in said book club. No cheating.
6. Walk George and Bernie at least four times a week.
7. Stop picking at your cuticles. It’s gross and you’re going to get old lady fingers.
8. Throw a party.
9. Make a habit of sending postcards to unsuspecting friends.
10. Let’s try and stop with the impulse purchases and boredom-induced shopping, OK? Great.
11. Minimize complaining.
12. Plan your dream vacation with Ken. You two deserve it.
13. Dance party daily.
14. Finish one entire tube of lipstick before switching colors. You’re getting totally ridiculous, you know?
15. Have some fruit for breakfast once in awhile; it’s not gonna kill you, Loechner.
16. Get behind the camera every day. You don’t have to be a photographer to catch a memorable moment.
17. Start living a real life, instead of an Internet life. No more weekend working.
18. Moisturize nightly, preferably with something lavender. You’ll sleep sweetly.
19. Finish reading The Renaissance Soul. You liked it, remember? Pick it back up.
20. Tackle ten items from your Life List. Ready, set… GO.
[IMAGE CREDIT: KLAENGUR GUNNARSSON]