Wowza. Thanks for giving me an extra day off, tootsies. I’ve been admittedly down in the dumps lately (oh, hormones), but after a fresh coat of snow outside and an inspiring playlist, I’m reminded that a new year is inevitable, and change is around every corner. Time to embrace it (I’ve always been a slow learner, clearly…)!
With that in mind, I’ve compiled a list of goals (resolutions is a scary word for me) I’ll be striving for this year. Tomorrow, I’ll be sharing my non-goals, which is my very very favorite tradition EVER. More on that later…!:
1. Learn to sew (my mother-in-law gifted me a vintage sewing machine for Christmas and I start lessons next week!).
2. Practice grace often. Even with myself. Especially with myself?
3. Take neighborhood walks at least 3x weekly. (We have the most glorious walking trails that I never pause to enjoy!)
4. Pick up a book once a month. A real, live one.
5. Keep the mindless Internet loafing to a minimum, but appreciate the connectivity and community you’ve helped to build.
6. More tea, less coffee.
7. Perhaps surprise Ken with a home-cooked meal every now and then? (Really reaching on this one…)
8. Squirrel away your earnings for something special on the horizon.
What about you? Any new goals on the horizon for you? Say them out loud!
[image credit: lukasz wierzbowski]