[Image credit: Philip Newton]
Oh, I love a good game of blog tag. Blag, if you will.
I’ve been tagged by janine, and although the Internet is the last place I’d love to declare my deepest, darkest secrets, I can never turn down a good taggin’.
Here goes; seven weird things about… myself.
7. I never learned to tie my shoes as a child and still have trouble with my sneakers. Therefore, I just don’t untie them, ever. Should a shoelace become fatefully loose, my dear husband double knots them for me.
6. Pickles are my favorite food. Pickles in the morning, pickles in the evening, pickles at dinnertiiiiiiiiiime.
5. I bite my lips when I’m nervous. Not bite, more like gnaw. It’s gross and they bleed. And it makes me feel better when they’re all completely even and raw and there are no parts that are less bloody than the other.
4. I have stretch marks. And a lot of them. Cellulite, stretch marks, the whole shebang. In fact, my right thigh maps out the entire suburban area of Boston, Massachusetts… highways and all. Really, I quite nicely resemble a recent pregnant 30-year-old woman who’s body is beginning to take on another form. Only I’m not 30, I’m 24. And I haven’t yet given birth.
3. When I wake up I talk to myself in the morning. Well, and when I go to sleep. I really always talk to myself in the mirror. I say phrases that I will often say during the day, to see how I say them. Phrases like, “That is ridiculous,” and “Can you help me with this”, and “Of course I’ll show you to the bathroom.”
2. I’m a writer, so I have upwards of 20-something journals. All for different topics. You know, like the Self Destruction Times, or Things I’ll Teach My Future Unborn Children, or Thoughts on Station Wagons. The usual.
1. My sock drawer is categorized AND labeled, and every so often my husband will switch the white with the ivory and screw up my system, just to piss me off. Because clearly, the sock in the ‘ivory’ slot is NOT ‘ivory.’
That’s all I can take, Internet. And I am NOT tagging anyone else, b/c I wouldn’t wish the embarrassment on them. See? I’m SO nice!